What is a Mystery Trail?
Mystery Trail's is a fun and imaginative way to explore towns and cities around Ireland, on a themed walking game. An easy to follow route will guide you from start to finish that allows you to crack the clues whilst taking in some of the most fascinating sights along the way.
Who is it for?
Mystery Trails is for everyone, whether you are 5 or 105. Bond with friends and family as you make memories that last a lifetime. Be enchanted by our gripping adventures, that will allow you to investigate the hidden treasure's waiting for you within the towns and cities of Ireland.
How does it work?
Once you select and purchase the trail you want, you will receive an email confirming payment and a PDF file containing your next adventure. Please ensure to check your junk folder in your emails for your confirmation email. Mystery trails is a self guided walk we are NOT there to meet you. We advise you explore at a pace that is comfortable for you and your detectives, pirates and spies. No trails goes unsolved as we provide a FREE text service to help you if needed.
How do you print your Trail?
Once a Mystery trail is purchased you can download it from a PDF link. You will also find the link in your email. Please ensure to check your junk folder in your emails for your confirmation email. When printing your trail PDF you will need four sheets of A4 paper (single sided). Once you have printed all four pages you will see they have been numbered, assemble them as follows:
Find the page with numbers 8 and 1 displayed on the bottom corner. Place this page faced down.
Page number 2 and 7 should be placed on top of the first page facing upwards.
Page 6 and 3 are faced downwards on top of these pages.
Finally, page 4 and 5 are faced upwards on top of all of the sheets.
Once you have put them together as instructed above, you should be able to fold your trail in half. Use the blank pages for your detective work as you solve the clues.
You can print your booklet in black and white or in colour! Please remember that your PDF Trail will expire after three weeks from receiving your email!
What about the pandemic ?
Mystery trails are safe outdoor activities. We have comprised the following guidelines for Staying completely safe: follow social distancing rules and stay alert at all times. Be prepared to skip a clue if social distancing is not possible. Avoid touching hard surfaces. Carry hand sanitizer in case you need to touch plaques, benches etc. Don`t linger, if you need to, take a photo and solve the clue in a quieter place. Be prepared to skip a clue if necessary, take supplies with you, plan ahead, check available facilities, manage your children’s expectations. No trail should go unsolved so be flexible, all treasure seekers, detectives and secret agents need to be from time to time. Note during the pandemic one way systems and unforeseen public walkways and other local facilities described in your booklet may no longer be correct. Follow all Guidelines laid down by The HSE and the government of the Republic of Ireland.
HOMESCHOOLING WITH MYSTERY TRAILS
Turn a walk into an outdoor learning adventure. Finding outdoor educational activities which are fun, engaging and specific to your local area can be tough. Creating your own local Treasure Hunt is also time consuming- trust us, our Trail Writers know just how long it takes to put together a great Trail!
Great news-we`ve done all the work for you! Mystery Trails are an amazing resource for anyone home schooling or providing learning into the home. We have put together some great ideas for before, during and after your Trail for a full-blown learning adventure!
TEN REASONSWHY A MYSTERY TRAIL IS AN AWESOME HOME SCHOOLING RESOURSE
1. A Mystery Trail gets you and the kids outdoors and active in the open air- even the most reluctant walker won`t realise they`ve gone 3km before the end.
2. Exploring outdoors reduces screen time – the Trails take you back to basics with pen and paper.
3. Trails provide a real life, engaging reason for reading – You`ve got to read those sneaky clues carefully to solve them.
4. The adventures are sure to spark young imaginations with fun themes and backstories to engage with.
5. The trails allow the children to work at their own pace – Trails are entirely self-guided and can be done in your own time. So, you can let your child take the lead and step in where and when help is needed.
6. A trail adventure can flexibly fit into your timetable, whether you want to complete it in one go or over several days.
7. Mystery Trails tick off at least five areas of the curriculum: Literacy, Maths, Geography, History and P.E. Let us mention leadership, confidence, satisfaction, teamwork, navigation, imagination, problem solving and most importantly family bonding with play.
8. Exploring with a Trail inspires an interest in the local area and encourages children to love where they live.
9. Mystery trail routes don`t enter any private properties and require you to pay no entry fees. They can be completed in all kinds of weather and all you require is daylight.
10. Our trails are a readymade resource, so less prep for you. They provide a great starting point for lots of follow of unique educational projects. (listed below)
11. Ok, so we`ve got one more- Did we mention they`re great FUN?
DID YOU HERE ABOUT US ON...
2 FM RADIO, THE IRISH TIMES, TRIP ADVISER, HIGHLAND RADIO, KILCULLEN NEWS PODCAST, THE SOUTHERN STAR, MEATH LIVE, THE FINEST.